CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

Today was my first Mother's Day as a mommy... last year Kaelan was about 2 months old inside me.  Only immediately family knew I was pregnant at that point so I remember holding a beer in all my pictures because I didn't want anyone noticing I wasn't drinking!  Haha!  Only in the Bouillion family would that mean anything. ;)

Mother's Day this year was great!  We celebrated early on Saturday with my mom and Gamma.  We had SUCH a lovely day.  Nick and my dad worked in her yard putting in new soil, mulch, planting some new plants, etc.  What the heck do you give an 88 year old woman who has everything she needs and buys whatever she wants??  Physical labor apparently.  Her yard looks great!!  I don't have any pictures yet from yesterday, I completely spaced on bringing a camera.  Kaelan was such a good boy... Gamma got to play with him and my mom got to play with him too.  He rolled over a few times (sometime I swear I'm talking about the dog...) and for the first time actually pushed himself up all the way with his arms totally extended.  Such a big boy.  Once I have pictures, I'll be sure to post some!

Today was the best Mother's Day a mommy could ask for.  Nick got up with Kaelan (who was nice enough not to wake up until 8am) and let me sleep until I woke up on my own.  **Heaven**  Once I was up I was given coffee, cards, and cuddles from Kaelan.  We went to lunch at Cheesecake Factory and thank goodness Kaelan was an angel.  He just smiled and smiled.  This was such a blessing considering our failed attempt at restaurant dining on Thursday night - long story short it resulted in us placing a to-go order and eating at home, it was that bad.

We made our weekly trek to Babies'rUs - I swear I should buy stock in that store, but hey, they were having a special on formula.  We walked out with not only formula, but about 8 new outfits as well.  Dang it.  Anyway, my point to this is that as a Mother's Day gift, Kaelan decided he would give me belly laughs on video.  So.  Excited.  They're small belly laughs, but belly laughs all the same.  Enjoy. :)

***Disclaimer: no children were harmed in the making of this video... said child was strapped into his car seat and adults were present to be sure the car seat never left the store cart, despite being messed with ;)***


After we got home, Kaelan and I took some pictures in front of our Vitex plant that decided to bloom early this year.  I can't ever decide which picture is best, so here are a few :)




Nick picked this shirt out for Kaelan to wear today :)

Our vitex blooming... so glad Nick didn't listen to me and rip it out after we moved in before it started blooming!

Just random picture from today in his Johnny Jump Up... he still is a little confused as to what to do, but this face was priceless :)

After pictures, we decided to try solids again.  This time in the form of sweet potatoes.  I've decided to make my own baby food so we bought the "Ninja" system.  Apparently it is replacing the Magic Bullet in most stores.  I like it because it has 3 different size container to blend stuff, its all dishwasher safe, and I had a coupon. ;)  Seriously though, it was super easy to use and clean up was FAST.  I really don't think I'll have any issues making Kaelan's baby food with this thing!  One potato made enough for him this week and enough to freeze for next week.  Score!  Here is Kaelan getting excited about trying it out.

And here are a few photos of the sweet potato endeavor.  I'll admit, it's not like he was ravenous and ate every single bite, but he did well and seemed to like it MUCH better than rice cereal.


0 comments:

Post a Comment