CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

Happy Memorial Day!!  (A day late...) I hope everyone had a great weekend.  Ours was very enjoyable: a 3-day weekend with my 2 favorite guys?  Yes, please!  On Saturday, our friends Chris and Laura had their baby boy baptized.  We were so happy to be there to share that special day with them and with Tristan.

Sunday we intended to go to church.  Kaelan slept a full 12 hours (the longest he has slept so far, usually we get about 10 hours) so we thought he'd be set for church.  He had other ideas though... after being up only an hour and half he decided he needed a nap... for 2 hours!  I sense a growth spurt.  Anyway, he slept through church so after he finally woke up we picked up my grandma and headed up to my parents' for an early Memorial Day BBQ.  We tried taking him to the pool, but I think it was a little too cold for him so he wasn't very happy about it.  Hopefully we can try again, I'd love for him to like the water and I think Nick's side of the family might disown him if he doesn't like the pool! ;)  Here are a few pictures from that day...

Pool Pics! This is about as excited as he got

Tears - poor baby

He loved looking at the fountain

Swim outfit! He was happy now that he wasn't in the pool. Little stinker

Laughing at the dog

In the onesie his Aunt Marcy got him... this is the unit/group my brother is in at Fort Bragg

Photo Op with Uncle Sam

Laughing at Uncle Sam

Nick and I both had off on Monday so we took a trip to the Cypress Outlet Mall.  Kaelan is now in 9 month clothes and is seriously lacking in 9 month and 12 month sizes!  Luckily we hit a great sale at Carter's and were able to stock up on 12 month pieces.  Kaelan was SUCH a good baby that day.  We ended up stopping at our neighborhood park to try out one of the toddler swings.  We ended up trying out a few other play things and snapped a few (ok, a lot of) pictures with my iPhone.  I think he had a good time. :)

Kaelan's PePaw keeps him stocked up on the latest Aggie gear. Here he is in his stroller and "My First A&M Cap" - gosh he's a cute little Aggie!

Kaelan LOVED the swing!



Riding the fire truck

He *really* liked the whale... he wouldn't stop touching it and smiling




SeeSaw!

Last but not least, the slide! We just laid him on it, no sliding quite yet. ;)


3 comments:

Jessica Brooke Willis

That is funny b/c we put Coy in a baby pool this weekend and he cried too! LOVE all the pics....

littlebitsept09

BAH!!! I love your blog layout this week!! That little boy is growing up tooooo fast!!

Anonymous

The layout is awesome :D

Post a Comment