CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, December 23, 2011

What's Kaelan Up To?

Kaelan has been changing so much lately... I realized it yesterday as I was watching him play and thought I should blog about it.  He is definitely looking less like a baby and more like a little boy.

He crawls faster than any baby I've seen.  I put him down and half a second later he's across the room!  He isn't walking yet, but he pulls up on everything these days (I saw that all the time because a few months ago I just THOUGHT he was pulling up on everything!) and has even let go of what he's holding on to and stood unassisted.  He does this a few times a day now.

Kaelan is a good eater too.. right now, his 3 favorite foods are blueberries, cheerios, and cheese.  He loves vegetables, chicken, eggs, ground taco beef, ground venison, and most fruit.

At his 2 month check up in mid December he weighed 24 lbs and was just shy of 32 inches... he's a pretty healthy kid!  He made it his entire first year without an ear infection - something I'm really grateful for.  I keep waiting for one to come - of course, now that I've said this he'll probably get one next week!  He has four teeth on top and just cut his 4th on the bottom.  I think his molars might be coming in, but he won't let me get a good look yet.

Kaelan is doing some "tricks" now... his sitter helps us with this thank goodness!  He claps when you say "yay!" and will raise his arms up in the air (about 70% of the time) when you say "Touchdown!"  He points at everything now and is finally saying "momma."  He's been saying "dada" for awhile and the other day said "ball" for the first time!  Most of the time it comes out "bah" but when I held his ball up yesterday, he looked at it and said "Bah!" so I'm thinking he gets it. :)  He waves "bye-bye" which consists of moving his entire arm up and down and when you stick your tongue out at him, he sticks his out too.  The latest is when you crook your finger at him to say "come here" he crooks ALL his fingers back at you.  Oh, he also gives high fives. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment