CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Back to Work... :(

All good things must come to an end...

Tomorrow is my last day home with Kaelan... my emotions are out of control.  Last week was spent mostly in tears over it... Will someone else take as good of care of him as I do?  Will he lay in a crib at daycare crying while other babies are taken care of?  Will he forget who I am now that I'm not the primary caregiver?  Am I a bad mom?  These are all questions that have been racing through my mind as I stare at my baby sleeping in my arms.

Nick suggested finding someone who watches kids from home instead of taking him to the daycare we initially picked.  I must admit, this made me feel better.  I'd much rather my 7 week old in a home atmosphere with less chaos surrounding him.  Only problem?  Where to find someone on such late notice.  Aunt Kristin and her mom Terry to the rescue!  Kristin's mom's neighbor, Paula, just so happens to watch children from her home and has done so for 20+ years.  Hurray!  Nick and I met with her on Monday and we are very excited to be taking Kaelan to her home.  Only one more problem... no openings until February 21st.  Grandma Lana to the rescue this time!  She has graciously offered to come out of retirement for 4-5 weeks to watch him for us.

While I'm still devastated and emotional about leaving Kaelan on Friday morning, it is comforting to know that he'll be in excellent hands with grandma for the next month and in capable (I'll hold off on "excellent" for now... :) ) hands afterwards with Paula.  Friday will truly be one of the hardest days of my life.

To end this post on a positive note... here are some photos of my sweet baby boy :)


Getting Ready for the Cotton Bowl - maybe next year the Ags can pull off a bowl win!




Six Week Close Ups






Nap Time...


Not So Nap Time... :)


Bath time is so much fun!




Yet another outfit I'm sad to retire :(


0 comments:

Post a Comment