CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 24, 2011

4 Month Check-Up

Kaelan had his 4 Month Well Check-up today - ie: Vaccine Day. :( Poor Baby.

Stats:

Weight - 15lbs 8.7oz (70.05 Percentile)
Height - 25.5in (77.7 Percentile)
Head - 16.73in (62.01 Percentile)

I was surprised that he hadn't grown more than that - I swear my back is killing me and he is almost growing out of his car seat!!  But the pediatrician said he is doing great!  He may even be teething.  Not sure how I feel about that!  We were given the green light to start solids.  She gave us some cues to look for to tell when HE is ready, so we'll see how this goes!  Here he is waiting for his shots, poor kid had no idea what was coming:



He was not a fan of the oral vaccine... mainly because he had just had a bottle and the nurse made me cradle him like a baby... this baby does NOT like to be cradled.  He is a big boy now and wants to sit up.  The shots were, of course, traumatic.  He turned a very vibrant shade of red/purple but Nick got him quiet pretty fast.  Oh and this time, mom didn't cry.  Yay me! :)  By the time we were home, he was full of smiles.  I must admit MY cheeks hurt from smiling back at him so much!  Unfortunately his good humor only lasted through his first afternoon nap.  Then the vaccines must have taken over because my easy baby was gone.  I could not put him down.  Repeat.  Could.  Not.  Put.  Him.  Down.  When I tried, I thought he was going to whip out his tiny baby cell phone and call CPS on me.  So we spent the majority of the afternoon / evening like this (I apologize for the blurry photo quality):


Thanks goodness there was a Law & Order marathon on TNT!  And, thank goodness I took the day off work.  He got a little better tonight, but hopefully he wakes up his usual cheerful self.

I have TONS of photos to post so I think I'll do that tomorrow.  Get ready for cuteness overload!! ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment