CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Kaelan's First Big Milestone

We had a pretty exciting Saturday over here at the Marcelle house.  Nick had to get up extremely early (6AM on a Saturday!) and go the Houston SPCA Mutt Strutt - which his company sponsors.  It's a lot of fun and Kaelan and I had intended to go along and bring Sully.  However, the cold / rainy weather kept us home.  It's a great event to raise money for the Houston SPCA by struttin' your stuff with your mutt.  Hopefully next year we'll all be able to go. 

While Nick was gone, I put Kaelan down for his requisite morning tummy time - which he HATES, but I force on him as much as I can.  To my surprise, his head went straight up and stayed there.  I quickly snapped some poor quality photos with my phone camera.  I was so proud of this little guy!  I must admit - with his aversion to tummy time, I wondered if he would ever reach this milestone.  As soon as Nick got home I showed him K's new trick and we got some pretty good photos of it.  He must have known he really had an audience because this is the highest he has held it so far.

13 Weeks, 5 Days Old

Our Saturday continued with a trip to the Houston Rodeo.  We didn't go inside the stadium, I thought it was still a bit too loud for him (yes, I'm a coddler), but we had a great time going around the vendor booths and hanging out outside for lunch.  I didn't get very many good pictures, but here are a few while we were eating lunch.






I made sure to bring the rodeo themed burp cloth my dad's cousin Phyllis made for him. :-)

Here a few other photos we've taken over the last two weeks.

Exactly 12 Weeks Old


This is how tummy time used to be ;)


Playing with some of his toys (thank you Heather & Cy!!)


This hat was a gift from the hospital when we left


Just a typical Saturday afternoon with his new book from geniusbabies.
com (yes, my child WILL be a genius)


He is REALLY starting to like his bumpo. And Sully is always around to help out when needed.


He is starting to really put weight on his legs now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment