CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Things I've Learned as a Mommy

I'm officially 3.5 months into motherhood and I feel confident saying I've already learned a few things.  I learn something new every day and I do things I swore I would never do.
  1. I've learned that there truly is nothing like a mother's love for her child.
  2. The first shower after giving birth is the most amazing shower you'll ever take.
  3. Now that I'm a mommy, there are certain TV shows I have a hard time watching - case in point: Law & Order SVU.
  4. You can't hold a newborn "too much."
  5. You can't escape advice from strangers.  Even the random lady outside Jason's Deli has an opinion on how you should be taking care of your baby.
  6. I swore I would never say "Shhhh the baby is sleeping" and yet I find myself shutting the bedroom door and tiptoeing around quietly while Kaelan is napping.
  7. Breastfeeding is not necessary to bond with your child, no matter what anyone says.
  8. Lactation Consultants are, for the the most part, full of shit.
  9. I really do have the most gorgeous child on the face of the planet.
  10. I promised myself my Facebook profile would NOT be littered with baby photos and baby status updates.  I failed that promise miserably.
  11. Anyone who calls a stretch mark a "badge of honor" can join the Lactation Consultants in their big barrel of poo.  I love my child.  I hate my stretch marks.
  12. No matter what I'm doing, how I'm feeling, or where I am, a smile from Kaelan changes everything

3 comments:

Jessica Brooke Willis

LOVE IT...very true! AMEN to 7 and 8!

Jessica Brooke Willis

What is your email address? We would love to see y'all....been so long! We just have a bday party to go to that afternoon, but other than that we are open. jbwillis79@aol.com

Anonymous

Man, SVU went from being my favorite show to one of those I cannot bring myself to watch; the last time I watched it, LO was a week old and I bawled my eyes out. This is Pumpkin Lady from BBC, btw

Post a Comment